You may ask what commercial law is – in essence, it is the law that governs the relationship between business entities. For example, sale and purchase of a business, or entering into a commercial lease. Crosby Law has dealt extensively in both of these areas and can navigate you through the “legalise”. Our Commerical Law services include:
1: Sale and Purchase of Business
Selling or purchasing a business can feel both exciting and daunting at the same time. At Crosby Law our lawyers will help guide you through the process to make the transition of ownership seamless.
How we will help:
- Any pre-purchase or sale negotiations required;
- Drafting contracts including clauses to protect you;
- Working with your accountant in respect of such issues as GST treatment and break down of tangible/intangible assets;
- Working with landlord’s solicitor to obtain approval to assignment;
- Assisting with due diligence aspects;
- Working out appropriate restraints of trade/vendor assistance periods.
If you have any questions about the laws and processes around selling or purchasing a business in the Auckland, Pukekohe or Waiuku feel free to get in touch and ask a lawyer at Crosby Law.
2: Commercial Leasing
Before entering into a commercial leasing arrangement it is vital that you obtain the advice of an expert in this area to ensure that you obtain proper and sound advice regarding the transaction.
How we will help:
- Reviewing leases (in the case of a tenant) and drafting leases (in the case of a landlord);
- Discussions to work out appropriate clauses;
- Review of the title;
- Negotiation on guarantees in leases.
If you have any questions about the laws and processes around commercial leasing in the Auckland, Pukekohe or Waiuku feel free to get in touch and ask a lawyer at Crosby Law.